Director of Secondary Education
Worthington City Schools
1. Name the key responsibilities in your current role
I oversee the middle and high school levels in a K-12, public, suburban school district in central Ohio. I am responsible for the curricular, safety, and instructional practices to promote a safe, learning environment.
2. Describe either your professional preparation, experience or achievements
I received a doctorate in educational leadership to better understand the need and process to conduct research-based practices. I have been a central office administrator for over 12 years in three different districts. This has allowed me to better understand leadership and team engagement Finally, I have served on numerous state and national committees to better understand and advocate for our schools.
3. Describe the biggest challenge you’re currently facing in middle level education
Engaging with middle level faculty in responding to student engagement.
4. Share what you do for fun when not in school
Travel, write, and read.
5. Tell us why you are a member of AMLE
It provides an opportunity to engage with other middle level educators across the country to talk through needs and opportunities to better support our middle level educators and students.