I am humbled and honored to receive the 2021 Educator of the Year Award for AMLE. AMLE is a powerful resource for middle level educators and I have learned a great deal from the professional growth opportunities offered by AMLE throughout the years.
As humbled and honored as I am to be named AMLE 2021 Educator of the Year, it is certainly a challenging time to accept such an award due to complexities our schools continue to face from COVID-19 implications. For that reason, I would like to extend this honor to recognize all AMLE Educators.
AMLE Educators You Are …
- Champions for pivoting from what we once knew about educating, to a reinvention and reimagining of teaching and learning using new methods for delivery of instruction.
- Valued for going above and beyond to support social emotional needs of students and families. Needs that we could not have imagined two years ago.
- Resilient for navigating constant change outside of your control over the past 18 months.
- Honored for your unwavering support of schools during tremendous and unforeseen challenges.
- Recognized for maintaining the AMLE mission through the work in your schools to reach every student, grow professionally and create great schools.
- Loved for taking good care of each other and recognizing when your own self-care is needed.
I wish I had all the answers to these complex times in our schools, as I know many of you wish the same, but I simply do not. What I do know for sure is that AMLE Educators will always demonstrate resilience and care as we continue to navigate these uncharted waters.
Thank you AMLE Educators for being incredible middle level support to our schools, students, families and each other. My hope for you is that we will continue to reinvent ourselves and come out of this pandemic stronger and better prepared for a reimagined way to educate our students.
Nikki Woodson, Proud AMLE Educator of the Year 2021