What is an Esports League?
We know our member schools enjoy friendly competition! The AMLE Esports League allows student teams to play popular games against other middle schoolers while developing real-world skills like teamwork, communication, and critical thinking – all taking place on a safe, COPPA-compliant platform designed specifically to make gaming a fun and supported experience for kids. All skill levels are encouraged to participate in the fun.
How it Works
The AMLE Esports League will run in two parts from September to December. The first round will begin in September and culminate with the winning teams being recognized at the AMLE22 Annual Conference.* The second round will pick up in November with tournament play through mid-December.
- August: Schools can form a team or teams and participate in either or both rounds of fall play. Teams will select which game title(s) they’d like to play. Note: There are no first-person shooter games included. The available titles are:
- League of Legends
- Rocket League
- Late-August: Teams are assigned a game schedule and compete against other AMLE middle school teams. Teams must either have an adult chaperone present on the platform during games, or purchase a Vanta coaching package at the AMLE discounted rate. While not required, coaching provides a safe adult who is also a gaming expert trained to leverage the experience to promote the social and emotional learning of the participating students.
- September: Teams get access to AMLE’s digital gaming arena, powered by Vanta esports and are assigned a competition schedule.
- October: The first round ends with a League tournament, in which the top four teams will compete to determine the League Champion! The final match will be streamed at the AMLE22 Annual Conference and the winners virtually recognized at the General Session on Friday, November 4.
- November – December: Round two of play commences, with the final match being played in mid-December. Teams that did not participate in round one can sign up in early November for round two.
- The Round One League Champion team in each title will receive a $500 cash prize for their school
- Each individual team member on the Championship team will receive a $25 Amazon gift card
- The Championship team chaperone will receive complimentary registration to AMLE22 and three nights of lodging at the Gaylord Palms conference hotel
How to Get Involved
League registration will begin in August, 2022. AMLE and Vanta staff are available to answer questions before August, and will also host a webinar information session in early August.
If you think your school may be interested in forming a team, complete the form to receive emails with updates and important deadlines
*The winning team will be virtually recognized during the General Session on Friday, November 4. Students are not required or expected to attend in person.