Dr. Cedrick Gray
A two-time, award winning school superintendent and executive instructional leadership coach, Cedrick brings practical experience and insight to his presentations. His 25 years of educational experience include classroom and district-level leadership. Cedrick’s written works include the highly acclaimed “5 Things Every Superintendent Wants Principals to Know!” Touted as an agent of educational reform, under his leadership as superintendent, he was recognized by the Tennessee Department of Education while at Fayette County Schools as a 2011-2012 Exemplary School District and later, by the National Association of School Superintendents, as Superintendent of the Year in 2016 as leader of Jackson (MS) Public Schools.
Cedrick’s career as a trailblazer in the middle school movement is marked by leadership in two middle schools where he was nominated for Principal of the Year in his second year as a school principal; signifying the success of a complete turnaround in climate and culture while improving student academic performance. Cedrick also served a two-time appointment as President of the Tennessee Association of Middle Schools, an AMLE affiliate, enjoying the highest attended summer conferences in the organization’s history. As an executive instructional coach, Dr. Cedrick Gray trained and coached school district leaders all across the nation by providing superintendents and school principals the needed tools and supports to improve instructional leadership practices to their respective schools.
- Instructional coaching for principals
- Instructional coaching for superintendents and district-level leaders
- Transforming School Culture from Toxic to Topshelf
- “Hold Us Accountable” Courageous Leadership for School Turnaround
- “But I Didn’t Teach That” Effective classroom observations for ALL Principals
- Middle School Advisory 101
- “Put It In The Chat” Building Effective Virtual Presentations