Middle grades educators from around the world gather at the Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE) Annual Conference for Middle Level Education. This is the conference for dialogue, learning, and exploration of topics critical to schools, agencies, and individuals dedicated to the education, development, and growth of students ages 10-15 years old. We are interested in sessions that include practical, hands-on solutions and theoretical, research-based presentations. Our goal is to offer a varied program selection in which the professional middle grades educator can find what they need to support their professional learning goals. Session types include Concurrent Sessions, Speed Learning Sessions, Spark and Tell Sessions, and Collaboration Sessions.
What makes a successful AMLE Annual Conference session proposal?
- Read and follow the full Proposal Review Process—as written in the Call for Presentation
- Your session proposal aligns with the strands of the conference.
- The description and all fields in the proposal form need to be filled in with words spelled correctly and written in a grammatically sound fashion.
- The title should be both informative and inviting, using recognizable terms from the field in a welcoming way.
- Your proposal is a showcase of what you know and do! It should be relevant and timely as it provides practical solutions, strategies, and ideas to improve the educational lives of students ages 10-15 years old.
What do you need to know about presenting at the AMLE Annual Conference?
- There’s a session format for everyone.
- Your audio-visuals needs will be met. You will have an LCD projector, screen, podium and microphone if you are a Concurrent session presenter.
- A trained facilitator and conference organizer will be available to help.
- When you choose to present with your colleagues, you’ll have even more support for your session.
- You will be able to upload any supporting documents, information about yourself, your school and your presentation on the AMLE2018 app.
- Plus you get a great conference registration rate!
These sessions are located in the heavy traffic areas of the Solution Center and are 15 minutes in length, allowing you to attract the attention of participants then move to one-to-one conversations. High energy, short and sweet, these sessions will inspire participants with a thirst for more information.
Completed proposals are accepted April 23–May 6.
Applicants are notified via email of their selection status by May 11.
| Call is Closed
|Spark & Tell Sessions
These sessions are designed to be fast-paced and informative. They should spark or ignite an idea and provide resources to help attendees dive deeper on their own.
Completed proposals are accepted April 2–15.
Applicants are notified via email of their selection status by April 20.
| Call is Closed
|Speed Learning Sessions
These sessions are quickly becoming the most popular session format at our conference. They allow for collaboration and interaction between the presenter and attendees, in an energizing environment.
Completed proposals are accepted March 12–25.
Applicants are notified via email of their selection status by March 30.
| Call is Closed
These are 60-minute sessions dealing with a variety of current topics appropriate to middle level education. Innovative instructional methods, trends, and special programs are featured.
Completed proposals are accepted February 12–25.
Applicants are notified via email of their selection status by March 9.
Call is Closed
What Do You Need to Know?
Session Submission Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Make the Case to Present: Template Letter
Accepted presenter agreement forms and co-presenter information are due by June 1, 2018.
Session schedules are released on July 9, 2018.
All Presenters MUST be registered by August 10, 2018 or your session will be removed from the program and replaced.
The speaker profile is included with the proposal during the review process. Please update your contact information and biography online at http://www.amle.org/annual/Presenters/SpeakerProfile.
Please Note: If you would like your session to be considered for more than one session type, you must submit separate proposals for each. Once you complete your proposal, you will receive a confirmation email and the proposal be listed in the proposal box on the AMLE2018 Completed Proposals page. You must be logged in to view it, and you will have access to edit the proposal until the submission deadline. After this date, all proposals will be sent to our Selection Committee for review. Please note that if you are accepted to present at the conference, you serve on a contributing basis and are required to purchase registration. You will not be reimbursed for registration, lodging, travel, audiovisual equipment rental, or additional costs. Please contact Dena Harrison with additional questions at email@example.com.