While we already have an excellent assortment of sessions schedule for #AMLE20, we know middle school educators are always innovating and trying new things. That’s why we’re opening a second call for presentations. We’re specifically seeking sessions that address one or more of the following questions:
- How are you promoting equity, and in particular racial equity, in your school community?
- How have you innovated during the pandemic in ways that will impact your students after the crisis abates?
- What have you learned during the pandemic or as a result of recent incidents of racial violence that will inform or change your approach, strategies, outlook, etc.?
Proposals are due by August 14th and presenters will be notified by August 21 as to the acceptance of their proposal.
Submit Your Proposal
First time presenter? With a variety of session formats, it’s easier than ever to present your ideas at #AMLE20! You’ll need to select one of three presentation formats that best fits your content:
- Concurrent Sessions:Concurrent Sessions: One-hour sessions that will be delivered live via our virtual platform October 23-25. Great for in-depth topics.
- Speed Learning Sessions: Pre-recorded videos of up to 10 minutes that will be included in the #AMLE20 library to be viewed on-demand. Great for quick insights, classroom hacks, or to introduce your colleagues to a concept. AMLE staff will assist you in recording and editing your session by October 2nd.
- Spark & Tell Sessions: 20-minutes sessions that will be delivered live via our virtual platform. Three topics from different presenters on a similar topic will run concurrently and be followed by 15 minutes of Q&A for all three presenters. You’ll need to submit slides and any other attendee materials to AMLE by October 12th. A great medium option between speed learning and concurrent sessions!
Note that presenters will be required to register for the conference at the discounted presenter rate by September 11th to reserve their presentation slot.
You’ll need to have the following information handy when you submit your proposal:
- Session Title – 90 characters or less (including spaces)
- Past Presentation Dates – 1000 characters or less (including spaces)
- Other organizations presenter for – 1000 characters or less (including spaces)
- Outcome Goals – 500 characters or less (including spaces)
- Engagement and Connection – 500 characters or less (including spaces)
- Rationale – 500 characters or less (including spaces)
- Program Book Description – 500 characters or less (including spaces)
View the FAQs document for more information, and contact Stephanie Auditore at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.