The Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE) seeks applicants for the position of SPA Coordinator for Middle Level Teacher Preparation and Licensure/Certification. Applicants should possess a comprehensive understanding of middle level teacher preparation and a commitment to advocacy for specialized middle level teacher preparation and licensure/certification. The applicant should be knowledgeable about the AMLE/CAEP national middle level teacher preparation program review process; be technologically proficient; possess strong language, editing, and people skills; and be skillful at working within political structures. This is a part-time, independent contractor position with examples of the specific responsibilities of the position provided below. The national program review process is an all-electronic process and applicants do not have to work from any particular geographic location. However, some travel to various locations in the country is included in the responsibilities of fulfilling this position.
AMLE will provide a monthly stipend as well as reimbursement for travel to required meetings. Due to the high level of impact and training involved in this position, only serious candidates willing to make a multi-year commitment should apply. The consultant works directly with the AMLE CEO.
Examples of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serving as an ex-officio member of the AMLE Professional Preparation Advisory Committee.
- Serving as the official liaison between AMLE and CAEP.
- Coordinating all aspects of the national review of middle level teacher preparation programs.
- Recruiting and training members of the AMLE Board of Program Reviewers.
- Auditing and editing all program review reports completed by AMLE before sending to CAEP for final notification of results to institutional representatives.
- Responding to inquiries about policies, requirements, and other matters.
- Conducting informational sessions at the AMLE annual conferences that target representatives from higher education institutions who are planning to submit programs for review by AMLE/CAEP.
- Coordinating the revision of AMLE Middle Level Teacher Preparation Standards.
- Conducting reviews of state standards when states seek new partnership agreements with CAEP.
- Making annual reports to the AMLE Board of Trustees.
- Representing AMLE at CAEP sponsored meetings.
- Responding to inquiries to headquarters that focus on middle level teacher preparation and licensure/certification.
January 10, 2020
Closing date for applications
Video Conference Interviews
Coordinator assumes position
To apply, please submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how your skills match the position to Stephanie Auditore at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2020.