How effective are the programs and initiatives at your school?
Authors Nikki Woodson and James Frakes offer a personalized system to provide school administrators, teachers, departments, school improvement committees, and central office administrators with a process and tools for continuous improvement of student learning. With perspectives from both educational and business project management experts, this book guides you through a system to plan, implement, and evaluate any initiative, strategy, or program. Although designed to be used by middle level educators, this framework works for any grade level or school.
You will be coached—with the use of specific tools—through processes similar to those educators use to evaluate student progress, including
- Determining root causes of problems rather than treating symptoms
- Setting clear and measurable goals
- Gathering data
- Interpreting data and drawing conclusions
- Creating plans with specific, measurable actions
- Monitoring progress and providing support where needed
- Holding individuals accountable for implementation