44th Annual Conference for Middle Level Education
Philadelphia Convention Center
Philadelphia, PA, November 6–8, 2017
Middle grades educators from around the world gather at the Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE) Annual Conference for Middle Level Education. This is the conference for dialogue, learning, and exploration of topics critical to schools, agencies, and individuals dedicated to the education, development, and growth of students ages 10-15 years old. We are interested in sessions that include practical, hands-on solutions and theoretical, research-based presentations. Our goal is to offer a varied program selection in which the professional middle grades educator can find what they need to support their professional learning goals. Session types include Concurrent Sessions, Speed Learning Sessions and Spark and Tell Sessions.
AMLE must receive the completed proposal by February 10, 2017.
Applicants are notified via email of their selection status by April 10, 2017.
Accepted presenters agreement forms and co-presenters information are due by June 1, 2017.
Session schedules are released on July 6, 2017.
Reduced early-bird presenter registration rates end on October 6, 2017.
What Do You Need to Know?
What makes a successful AMLE Annual Conference session proposal?
- Read and follow the full Proposal Review Process—as written in the Call for Presentation
- Your session proposal aligns with the strands of the conference and the characteristics found in This We Believe.
- The description and all fields in the proposal form need to be filled in with words spelled correctly and written in a grammatically sound fashion.
- The title should be both informative and inviting, using recognizable terms from the field in a welcoming way.
- Your proposal is a showcase of what you know and do! It should be relevant and timely as it provides practical solutions, strategies, and ideas to improve the educational lives of students ages 10-15 years old.
What do you need to know about presenting at the AMLE Annual Conference?
- There’s a session format for everyone.
- Your audio-visuals needs will be met. You will have an LCD projector, screen, podium and microphone if you are a Concurrent session presenter.
- A trained facilitator and conference organizer will be available to help.
- When you choose to present with your colleagues, you’ll have even more support for your session.
- You will be able to upload any supporting documents, information about yourself, your school and your presentation on the AMLE2017 app.
- Plus you get a great conference registration rate!
Session Submission Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Make the Case to Present: Template Letter
The speaker profile is included with the proposal during the review process. Please update your contact information and biography online at http://www.amle.org/annual/Presenters/SpeakerProfile.
Please Note: If you would like your session to be considered for more than one session type, you must submit separate proposals for each. Once you complete your proposal, you will receive a confirmation email and the proposal be listed in the proposal box on the AMLE2017 Completed Proposals page. You must be logged in to view it, and you will have access to edit the proposal until the deadline on February 10, 2017.After this date, all proposals will be sent to our Selection Committee for review. Selections will be made by April 10, 2017 and you will be notified via email of your selection status. Please note that if you are accepted to present at the conference, you serve on a contributing basis and are required to purchase registration. You will not be reimbursed for registration, lodging, travel, audiovisual equipment rental, or additional costs. Please contact Dena Harrison with additional questions at email@example.com.