Student Ambassador Program
Anticipated volunteer commitment: 15-20 hours over three days
Are you a full-time college student preparing to become a middle level educator?
Do you want to:
- Create a network of peers and professionals with the same objectives?
- See the great work that middle level educators and pre-service teachers around the country are doing?
- Participate in a Career Fair and get practical tips on interviewing from a middle school administrator?
- Attend the AMLE Annual Conference and get an insider’s view of the event?
How it works:
AMLE is looking for 8-10 full-time students who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make #AMLE20 a unique experience for all attendees. In return, AMLE will cover the cost of the volunteers’ registration and hotel and provide access to exclusive educational and professional development activities.
Responsibilities include monitoring and reporting session attendance; assisting speakers and requesting help with A/V issues; supporting registration needs; and contributing to the overall administration of Conference functions and events.
All Student Ambassadors receive:
- Complimentary Annual Conference Registration
- Hotel room for three nights (to be shared with another Student Ambassador)
- Orientation and training
- Unique networking opportunities with future colleagues and potential employers, including Career Fair and mock interviews
- Breakfast and lunch on Thursday & Friday, including lunch with AMLE’s Board Chair and others in the Presidential Suite
- Admission to CMLA Summit on Saturday
- Access to Reception and Innovation Challenge
- Recognition on the #AMLE20 conference website and app
- Thank you letter and certificate from AMLE for your professional portfolio
- Foundation Fund T-shirts to wear during volunteer hours
Student Ambassadors should be:
- Full-time students during the academic year 2020-21.
- Proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Reliable, punctual & organized.
The program does not cover transportation costs.
#AMLE20 Student Ambassador Application Form