AMLE's Conference Buddy Program is designed to help first-time attendees maximize the conference experience by linking them with AMLE members who have previously attended conferences. You'll be paired up with an experienced conference attendee who will give you the insider's perspective on having a great meeting. Ask questions, get advice, meet up at social events or attend the general session together.
After you sign up, we will send you a short survey to make the best buddy match possible. AMLE will pair up participants and send buddy assignments approximately two weeks before the conference.
Deadline: October 18
What to Expect
To make sure that the program is valuable to participants, please commit to the following activities:
- Complete the buddy match survey emailed to you after signing up
- Touch base in advance of the conference to answer questions and to make plans to meet up during the event
- Meet early during the conference
- Check in with each other before you leave to discuss your experience at the conference
The experienced conference attendee is also asked to commit to:
- Reach out to the new attendee before the conference
- Offer suggestions and advice on getting the most out of conference attendance and AMLE membership
- Introduce your buddy to other AMLE members and attendees in your network
The buddy pairing is for just the conference, but we hope that you'll both come away with a new professional connection. Contact Jen Edse at email@example.com with questions.