Research and Resources in Support of This We Believe is an invaluable and concise guide for educators and those dedicated to the education of young adolescents. This edition, an essential companion to NMSA/AMLE's position paper This We Believe: Keys to Educating Young Adolescents, articulates the research related to the middle school concept and the 16 characteristics of successful middle grades schools.
This book includes
- Rationale for middle grades research
- Research on the middle school concept
- Research summaries about major topic areas
- Brief annotations for the 16 characteristics of This We Believe
- Recommended resources
- Seven recommendations for future research