If you are committed to helping young adolescents become successful, responsible, global citizens, the Association for Middle Level Education invites you to read and implement This We Believe.
This book describes the 16 vital characteristics of successful middle grades schools, and is a critical resource for everyone involved in the education, health, and well being of today’s young adolescents. Now in its fourth edition, AMLE’s landmark position statement shares the enduring lessons learned in more than 35 years of active middle school advocacy. When its concepts are embraced, students are prepared for success in school and career.
Since 1982, This We Believe has been a foundational piece for countless organizations, policymakers, school districts, schools, colleges, and universities in the public and private sectors. This We Believe is the essential guide for educators and others involved in creating successful schools for young adolescents.
In this edition:
- 16 characteristics fully described
- Four essential attributes identified
- Chart of characteristics and attributes
- Extra attention to digital tools, exceptional education,
- ESL/ELL, service learning, and learning in a global economy
- New section that articulates the vision on major goals
- Call to Action
- A NEW research section