John H. Lounsbury Award
The John H. Lounsbury Award for Distinguished Service is the highest award given by the Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE). This award is given only when an individual has demonstrated a level of service, integrity, and leadership in middle level education that warrants this special recognition. As a result, this award is not necessarily presented annually.
Selection procedures include a committee review of received nominations and materials. If a recommendation results from committee deliberations, it is submitted to the Board of Trustees for a final decision.
Viable candidates for this award
- have made a global impact on middle level education.
- have a minimum of ten years of actively demonstrated, distinguished service and a reputation as a national and global education leader.
- have demonstrated scholarship of the highest level in professional writing and research.
- have maintained dedicated service to middle level education beyond the local, state, or regional level.
- should be known as a person of high personal ethics, reflecting a model of exemplary behavior and reputation associated with the spirit of the award.
Forms may also be requested directly from Information Services at 1-800-528-6672. Nomination forms should be received at AMLE Headquarters by June 1 of each year for consideration during the current year.