Collegiate Middle Level Association
The AMLE Foundation Fund sponsors a scholarship for CMLA chapters
What is Collegiate Middle Level Association?
- A professional education organization for college students preparing to become middle level teachers
- An affiliate of the Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE), formerly National Middle School Association
The purposes of CMLA are to provide an organized source of information that
- Supports legislation, standards, and recommendations that enhance the middle level concept, practices, and ideas.
- Advances appropriate middle level teacher education.
- Provides information about starting and maintaining an organized group of students involved in middle level education on college and university campuses.
- Provides information about current middle level employment opportunities.
- Promotes and invites collegiate participation at national, state and regional middle level conferences.
- Provides support and encouragement for students in middle level education and informs members of progress and activities of both CMLA and other student groups via newsletters, electronic technology and other sources of communication.