This We Believe
This I Believe
I have chosen to be a middle grades educator, for I recognize that the years of early adolescence are pivotal and abound with individual potential and opportunity. Therefore, I will care for these students personally, listen to their voices, respect their concerns, and engage them in meaningful educational experiences that will prepare them for a promising future.
I believe that every young adolescent …
Has the capacity to learn, grow, and develop into a knowledgeable, reflective, caring, ethical, and contributing citizen.
- Must have access to the very best programs and practices a school can offer.
- Must be engaged in learning that is relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory.
- Faces significant life choices and needs support in making wise and healthy decisions.
- Thrives academically, socially, and emotionally in a democratic learning environment where trust and respect are paramount and where family and community are actively involved.
- Deserves educators who are prepared to work with this age group, who are themselves lifelong learners and committed to their own ongoing professional development and growth.
Therefore, I proudly dedicate myself to becoming the best middle grades educator I can be and an active advocate for all young adolescents.