AMLE’s landmark position paper, The Successful Middle School: This We Believe, now available in its fifth edition, is recognized as the best articulation of the middle school concept.
Since it was first published in 1982, This We Believe has grown from a single document into a comprehensive program that educators, schools, and districts can adopt to help ensure student success. Explore the five essential attributes and 18 characteristics of successful middle grades schools, and design the professional development program that works best for your school community.
Successful Middle School Attributes and Characteristics (color)
Successful Middle School Attributes and Characteristics (b&w)
Every #AMLE20 registrant will receive a complimentary copy of The Successful Middle School by mail. More information.
The Successful Middle School Program – coming October, 2020
Find inspiration and build your own school-wide professional development plan through The Successful Middle School program. The program comes with a menu of tools and resources to choose from, many of which are free of cost or significantly reduced for AMLE school members, including:
Individual Professional Learning
- The Successful Middle School: This We Believe, print and digital editions. (special bulk pricing for school members)
- Allow your educators to dig into the Essential Attributes and Characteristics of the Successful Middle School on their own schedule with self-paced online courses, while earning up to 5 contact hours (free to AMLE school members)
Group Professional Learning
- Explore the text as a team with The Successful Middle School book study and supplemental worksheets (free to AMLE school members)
- Template professional development presentations and discussion guides will be available to present the essential attributes and characteristics of a successful middle grades school to your team (free to AMLE school members)
School or District-wide Improvement
- The School Improvement Assessment: A holistic 360 self-assessment will help you gauge your school’s implementation of middle grades best practices. (significantly discounted for AMLE school members)
- The Successful Middle School coaching program: Engage AMLE’s expert faculty to help you conduct your School Improvement Assessment, design an ongoing professional development program that’s right for your school, and provide key coaching to help you make measurable change
Order your copy now!